Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between The Grandiose Delusions In Mania And Schizophrenia
Mental disorder with positive, negative & cognitive sxs. A person with positive sxs loses touch with reality with hallucinations or delusions. Negative sxs: lack of pleasure; failing to take care of every day functions; losing motivation; inability to carry out plans & isolation. Cognitive symptoms could include problems focusing, memory problems or difficulty understanding ...Read more
What are examples of delusions. What things would voices in you head say if you have schizophrenia?
I am diagnosed with schizophrenia have delusions of grandeur but I have doubts about them. What does this mean?
Delusional thinking: The doubts you have about the validity of the delusional thinking is actually a good thing in that it is probably your rational mind attempting to break into the delusional thought process. More importantly however, for anyone with schizophrenia, appropriate treatment and medication management is essential. If you aren't already, i would encourage you to stay consistently in treatment. ...Read more
Is being self preoccupied considered a sign of schizophrenia delusions of grandeur or just egotism?
Very different: Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and often disabling brain disorder with psychotic symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, and thought disorder. Depending on treatment, people may or may not be able to hold jobs or relate well to others. Ocd is an anxiety disorder, and is not psychotic. It's characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive, ritualized behaviors. Both can be treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Psychosis: Delusions are defined as fixed false ideas and sometimes are accompanied by paranoia and suspiciousness. It is generally not recommended to confront the person with them directly. The person with the delusions often cannot be convinced that their ideas are incorrectthis symptom is seen in many illnesses. Try to encourage the person to seek treatment as it is often fairly easily treated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Grandiose delusions mania schizophrenia
- What is the difference between mania and psychosis?
- Differences between schizophrenia and autism
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between psychotic depression and schizophrenia?
- What is the difference between schizophrenia and multiple personalities?
- What are the critical differences between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia?
- What is the difference between paranoid schizophrenia and being paranoid?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free