Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between Scarlet Fever And Strep Throat
Possibly: Some strains of strep a strains carry an extra gene plasmid that controls the production of a chemical that enters the blood & causes the generalized red rash of scarlet fever. Not all strep a strains do, but if you did catch strep from someone with the rash it would likely produce the same rash in you within 24hrs of the first fever. Early rx prior to firm establishment of the germ might stop it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rash: Some strains of streptococcus cause some people to break out in a rash due to specific toxins that the strain releases in the body. It is otherwise the same with no increased risk of serious complications or problems. In order tp prevent these complications, antibiotics are needed. See your doctor ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Definition is strep: The term "scarlet fever " applies to strains of strep a that have the additional dna to make a red rash. The infection may be in the throat, or other site (skin, anus) and still produce the rash and fever. Strep throat includes strains of strep a that may or may not produce a rash.Their location in the throat is rather specific. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son 3 had strep throat in november took amoxilin for 10 days now 2 months later is taking same med for scarlet fever. Could there be resistance?
Could treated strep throat lead to scarlet fever 10 weeks later and is it ok to treat it with same type of amoxicilin to avoid further complications?
Part of Strep: Scarlet fever is produced by the breakdown if you will of the strep bacteria. Not everyone who has "strep" develops the rash. The scarlet fever rash is more common in children. If you suspect you have a strep infection, seek treatment asap in order to avoid complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between strep throat and losing your voice?
- Is there a difference between benadryl and pseudoephedrine?
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between mitral valve prolapse and mitral regurgitation?
- Is there a difference between prostatitis and prostatorrhea?
- Is there a difference between gerd and gord?
- Tick vs. mosquito bites
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free