Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between Food Poisoning And Gastroenteritis
Yes: Food poisoning occurs from food or water that contains bacteria, parasites, viruses, or toxins made by these germs. Most cases are caused by common bacteria such as Staphylococcus or E. coli. Common gastroenteritis is typically a viral vomiting and diarrheal illness not related to contaminated food. Food poisoning results in a gastroenteritis but all gastroenteritis does not come from bad food. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Same: Pretty much same thing.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've been diagnosed with ibs recently because had gastroenteritis 3 months ago through food poisoning I'm taking the ib s medication but noises still?
Can loperamide be taken for gastroenteritis? (Viral or food poisoning). Or will it make the illness worse?
It can: In acute diarrhea and vomiting, loperamide is not a good choice. The intestines react too strongly too meds,and the loperamide can actually completely stop bowel motion. . . everything then just stops working! Not good. Try Pepto-bismol or kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) and gas-x and a bland diet (no caffeine, vitamin C or spicy, greasy foods till better. I am one of those that say to stay away from dairy, too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not really: Stomach flu is related to viruses that can be transmitted by eating contaminated food or water or personal contact with other people who are ill. Foodborne illness ( food poisoning is another term for this) occurs as a direct result of ingesting contaminated food or fluids. Toxins are produced by the parasites, viruses or bacteria, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Difference between flu and food poisoning symptoms
- What is the difference between food poisoning and the flu?
- Difference between food poisoning and stomach flu
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difference between gastroenteritis and stomach flu
- How to tell difference between food poisoning and stomach flu?
- What's the difference between stomach flu and food poisoning
- How can you tell the difference between food poisoning and a stomach virus?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free