Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between Fiber Supplements And The Fiber In Food
Supplements is also known as Vitamins and supplements. A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
Dr said I have small anal fissure. What are the differences between fiber supplement (metamucil) and stool softener. Which one is best to use. Thanks.
Both: Fiber supplement, extra water, and stool softeners all used together are the first line treatment for anal fissure. Fiber is simply indigestible fiber that adds bulk to the stool and makes it easier for the intestines to pass it along. The stool softener causes the stool to retain enough fluid to keep it from getting hard and dry and perhaps reopening the anal fissure. Some people also use fasting. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dr said to take either Metamucil or fibercon as a fiber supplement. What is the difference? Which is better fiber supplement.
Try one.: You will have to try them and compare. There may be theoretical advantages, but practical differences are what matters most. Use the one you like best. ...Read more
Possibly: Each state differs some in what they allow food stamps to be used for. Fiber supplements and vitamins are likely to be allowable since they can improve and maintain overall health. Protein shakes offer benefit only in a select group of people, so unless you have documentation from a health care provider that they are indicated, food stamps may not be honored for them. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between the grandiose delusions in mania and schizophrenia?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?
- The difference between inulin and psyllium husk fiber supplements
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between being cancer free and being in remission?
- What is the difference between a bacterial food borne illness and a viral one?
- Is there a difference between food poisoning and gastroenteritis?
- Is there a difference in effectiveness between citalopram and escitalopram?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free