Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between Clomid And Femara
No, similar success: In most studies comparing Clomid and Femara the pregnancy rates are similar and neither has been found to be superior to the other. Femara for fertility is an "off-label" indication, meaning this drug was not designed for this purpose. There are pros and cons of both Clomid and Femara and they have different side effect profiles. Talk to your doctor about what is best for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You can use both together since they work by different mechanisms,although that would be rather unorthodox. Usually it is one or the other. For more info: www.AskYourGynecologist.org ...Read more
I have been ttcfor about 20 months now. I have had a mc & an ep. I started Clomid and then femara, but I haven't gotten pregnant in a year. Next step?
TTC 20 months: With a prior ectopic pregnancy, the chance of another can be 25%. Please check the fallopian tubes, semen analysis and consider uterine evaluation with ultrasound or saline sonogram. Depending on findings and your age, either ovulation induction and insemination or ivf will be suggested. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can Femara b used after 6 lifetime clomid cycles are used up (clomid=successful but I want more kids) or are injectables or IVF the only options left?
Could be, sometimes: but is it a good idea? Clomid does not need to be limited to 6 cycles lifetime, but 6 unsuccessful cycles (not lifetime) is usually reason to change up. The question would be why is the CC not working? Femara is very similar to CC in performance, so no reason to expect it would be more/ less successful. Often updating or expanding diagnosis to understand the CC failure is a better next step. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a difference between benadryl and pseudoephedrine?
- Is there a difference between stomach flu nausea and anxiety nausea?
- Is there a difference between african sleeping sickness and chagas disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between prostatitis and prostatorrhea?
- Is there a difference between gerd and gord?
- Tick vs. mosquito bites
- Is there a difference between scarlet fever and strep throat?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free