Doctor insights on:
Is There A Difference Between A Tapeworm And A Liver Fluke
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Fecal test.: A diagnosis is made when a lucky pathologist gets to examine the little critters (or their eggs) in a stool sample. Symptoms of a liver fluke include having smelly, fatty stools (the flukes disrupt and/or eat bile which digests fats), jaundice, fever. A serious complication is cancer of the bile tract. See your doctor, especially if you've traveled to asia (flukes are endemic there). ...Read more
Fascioliasis: can be treated with TriclabendazoleGet a more detailed answer ›
Can IBS cause mucus in BMs? How can I tell the difference between strings of mucus and a possible tapeworm infection?
Mucous in stool: Why are you considering IBS? If what you are seeing in your stool is truly mucous, then you could have inflammation of the lining or wall of the bowels. I doubt that you would have mucous in your stool and no other symptoms or signs whatsoever. If you do have a tapeworm infestation (which is uncommon in the U.S.), you could see proglottids in your stool, which look NOTHING like mucous. ...Read more
Yes: Failure is the end stage of liver illness. Patient tend to have bleeding, ascites (large belly), confusion, prone to infections. Dysfunction refers to alterations on liver level. The focus is to treat the condition (ie, alcoholism, hepatitis a-b-c, drug toxicity, gallstones, etc). Dysfuntion many time is reversible depending on the cause. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whats the difference between liver flukes and tapeworms
- Is there a difference between jaundice and liver inflammation?
- Human liver flukes symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difference between cod liver oil and fish oil
- Are there differences between hepatitis c and liver disease?
- What is the difference between primary and secondary liver cancer?
- How do liver flukes harm their human host?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free