Doctor insights on:
Is There A Cure For Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome
Pre-excitation: Wpw syndrome is commonly diagnosed on the basis of the surface ECG in an asymptomatic individual. In this case it is manifested as a delta wave, which is a slurred upstroke in the qrs complex that is associated with a short pr interval. The short pr interval and slurring of the qrs complex is actually the impulse making it through to the ventricles prematurely (across the accessory pathway) withou. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Been on Propranolol 20 mg 2 x daily for Wolff Parkinson white syndrome. Everyone tells me it's unsafe to take beta blocker for WPW? Is this true?
Congenital: Wpw is the syndrome associated with an extra (or accessory) pathway between the top (atria) and bottom (ventricle) chambers of the heart. Yes this is present from birth. Patients with the extra electrical connection may have episodes of extreme tachycardia (rapid heart beat). This can be treated with medication or by ablating the extra pathway in a cath lab. ...Read more
Not directly: Wpw is a heart condition associated with cardiac arrhythmia. The classic arrhythmia is supraventricular tachycardia. More serious rhythm problems can also occur and there is an increased risk of sudden death. During arrhythmia, cardiac output can drop, and some people have seizures during times of low cardiac output from arrhythmia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a way to be tested specifically for wolff parkinson white syndrome?
- Is there a cure for cauda equina syndrome?
- Is there a cure for proteus syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a cure for polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Is there a good homeopathic cure for hydroceles?
- Is there a cure for lazy eye i am 23 is it too late?
- Is there a natural cure for proctitis?
- Talk to a neurologist online