Doctor insights on:
Is There A Cure For Ringworm On The Scalp
OTC creams: Ringworm is actually a fungal infection (not a worm) of the skin. You can treat it with over the counter antifungals such as Clotrimazole cream (and there are many others). Clean the area, dry it and then apply the cream several times per day. If it persists longer than about 2 weeks, you might want to see a dermatologist for alternative applications. ...Read more
Scalp is the part of the skin on the skull, deeply attached to the skull and has the hair shafts from it.Rest of the skin in the head like facial skin(beard) has only 2 layers -epidermis and dermis. Scalp has 5 different layers unlike facial skin/rest of skin all over body .Scalp-s-epidermis, c-conn.Tissue, a-aponeurosis, l-loose areolar conn. Tissue and p- pericranium attached ...Read more
Fungus of scalp: A ring worm, is in fact, not a worm, but a microscopic germ called a fungus. Most scalp ringworms occur in children, and if you are an adult, it is likely that what you have is not really s ring worm, or fungus, but something else. It is very hard to get rid of scalp ring worm without an internal medicine, and i suggest you go to a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis, and good treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I started getting ringworm on the scalp a couple of days ago. Will I be back to normal by next week?
Trichophyton is one of the common types of fungus that can infect the skin, called a "dermatophyte". It can cause ringworm of the skin (such as athlete's foot or jock itch) or of the scalp. It is usually diagnosed with a scraping of the skin and can be treated with topical medications if on the skin, or oral medicines if involving ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a cure for cut on the eyelid?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for ringworm of scalp?
- I have tinitus thats ringing in the ear is there a treatment cure for it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a surgical cure for lung cancer that has spread to the hip?
- Is there a natural cure for a pinched nerve in the neck?
- Is there a cure for nerve pain in the back and legs?
- Is there a cure for the plague?
- Talk to a dermatologist online