Doctor insights on:
Is The Lymphatic System One And The Same As The Immune System
Not really: Lymph nodes are stations connected by chains lymphatics they are the filter for toxins and alert soldiers like tonsils are the first soldiers and try to limit infection there. Immunity is in blood igg and mucous iga. ...Read more
Filter of sorts: The fluid that bathes the tissues of the body gets collected by the lymphatic system like a drain (it eventually goes back into the blood circulation). Bugs, inflammatory chemicals, and/or immune cells will also enter the lymph from the tissues and go to lymph nodes, which are like strategically placed checkpoints. The nodes contain immune cells that become activated and help fight the infection. ...Read more
Is there a name for all the chemicals like cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors that are in the immune and lymphatic system, like immune factors?
Signaling: proteins, is what all of these terms do functionally. Chemokines are cytokines. And many use the term cytokine and growth factor interchangeably but the name growth factor tends to imply a proliferative effect on cell division/growth while cytokines can have both stimulant or inhibitory effects on cell growth/division. ...Read more
Blood stream: The blood stream carries blood, the lympatics carry lymph. ...Read more
If a lymph node in biceps has some cancer cells but the one in the armpit doesn't, is the tumor only in the lymphatic system or it could have spread?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the immune system the same as the lymphatic system?
- Lymphatic immune system diseases
- Lymphatic system and immune system
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the immune system work with the lymphatic system?
- Common pathology associated with the immune and lymphatic systems
- Lymphatic system
- Does someone with type 1 diabetes have a poor immune system?
- Talk to a immunologist online for free