Doctor insights on:
Is The Ganglion Cyst Removal A Risky Thing To Do
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
How risky is surgery for removal of small ganglion cyst in soft tissue of tendon sheath on back of big toe @ what is involved in post-op care.
Preparation: During surgery you will be asleep, if a child. The hand will be prepped antiseptically and draped. Small incision made in skin over the ganglion. Ganglion dissected out and the base of defect ligated and cyst excised. Skin closed. Wake up in recovery with ace wrap on wrist. Ace can be removed in 24 hours. Ad lib movement afterwards with no heavy lifting as discomfort allows. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Commonly associated with trauma or arthritis the joint capsule becomes stretched. As the body produces additional synovial fluid to lubricate the joint the loosened joint capsule stretches and fills with fluid...The gnaglion. As the body produces more or less the size of the ganglion will fluctuate. Best ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the breast implant removal a risky thing to do?
- Is the stellate ganglion block a risky thing to do?
- Is the lumbar facet rhizotomy a risky thing to do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is the positron emission tomography scan a risky thing to do?
- Is the laser skin resurfacing a risky thing to do?
- Is the botox injections a risky thing to do?
- Is the mastectomy a risky thing to do?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free