Doctor insights on:
Is The Chemotherapy A Risky Thing To Do
Yes: Chemotherapy has many potential risks. The potential adverse events and dose limiting toxicities should be discussed the your cancer physician and team. The important concept is understanding the "risk/benefit ratio". That is, what potential benefit is worth the risks? Also, what alternatives are available? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Drugs for cancer: Various drugs are using alone or in combination to treat cancer. Collectively, they are called chemotherapy and can be used as single agents or in combinations. Many times biologic agents such as antibodies are also grouped in this category because the are used to fight cancer as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nothing different th: Chemotherapy is use of drugs to treat cancer. Many of these drugs are quite similar to receiving other drugs like IV antibiotics. Chemotherapy does have some side effects which can be in the form of nausea or vomiting and sometimes hair loss. Blood counts tend to go down 1-2 weeks alter, so they need to be checked to make sure the white cell counts do not go down too low...This can cause infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the sigmoidoscopy a risky thing to do?
- Is the liposuction a risky thing to do?
- Is the mastectomy a risky thing to do?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is the chemical peel a risky thing to do?
- Is the grommet insertion a risky thing to do?
- Is the robotic surgery a risky thing to do?
- Is the cardiac catheterization a risky thing to do?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free