Doctor insights on:
Is Taxol Easier Than Adriamycin And Cytoxan
Had an ultrasound that showed the liver to be slightly heterogeneous. Can that be due to past chemo therapy with Adriamycin, Cytoxan and Taxol?
Can you tell me about the long term side effects from the chemotherapy drugs adriamycin and cytoxin?
TWO MAJOR ONES: Adriamycin and Cytoxan is a great combination regimen used in breast cancer. The major long term side effects for both of these drugs is secondary leukemias, risk is around 1%. For adriamycin there is a concern for cardiotoxicity, but risk rises with cumulative dose. Risk is less than 10%. Patients get an echocardiogram or muga scan prior to therapy to evaluate heart status. Talk to your md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division: Taxol is a chemotherapeutic agent that act to arrest rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells. As such, it can also impede certain "normal" cell division such as white blood cels. Cell counts must be monitored frequently during treatment with this agent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not too many: Taxol is contraindicated in patients who have a history of hypersensitivity reactions to taxol or other drugs made in cremophor el (polyoxyethylated castor oil). Taxol also should not be used in patients with solid tumors who have white counts of less than 1500 cells/mm3 or in patients with aids-related kaposi’s sarcoma with baseline white counts of less than 1000 cells/mm3. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Adriamycin cytoxan and taxol
- Adriamycin cytoxan taxol and fertility
- My period is lighter than usual and brown
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My period is lighter and shorter than usual
- Is newly gained weight easier to lose than old weight?
- Is trileptal better than lyrica and neurontin for face pain?
- Is there anything i can take other than ritalin to help stay awake and focused?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free