Doctor insights on:
Is Surgery Necessary When You Have Blood Clots In Your Brain
Based on situation: If an aneurysm or ateriovenous malformation has caused problem, surgical repair may be life saving. If a subdural or epidural hemorrhage, best to decompress unless very small and stable. If intracranial bleeding, may be far safer to be conservative, and not operate. But all situations are different and management decisions should vary. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My grandmother collapsed and is in surgery for blood clot in her brain. what is her chance of survival. she is 79 years old.
Not enough info.: I'm so sorry she's ill! It is impossible to give you a precise answer, since we don't know the cause or extent of the damage, or her general condition before this happened. Since she is getting surgery, someone feels like that will improve her chances, which is good. Time will tell. When talking to the surgeon, have a list of questions ready and make sure you right down the answers, for later. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
30 years ago I had experimental brain surgery to remove a blood clot and skull fused together with no plate- no constant headaches, could this be a cause?
A 37 yr old has suffered a stroke'/ has blood clot on brain, two surgeries to relieve pressure. On ventilator, unresponsive, is there hope of recovery?
Rare: But following the treatment regiment is key to prevention. For low risk surgery early movement (walking) is the most important advise. For larger surgery where you remain in bed for a while, medications and leg pumps may be used for prevention. Getting up and out of bed as early as possible is still important however. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My husband had prostrate surgery in march 2011 and has now started passing black blood clots in his urine?
Ok... I have surgery in two weeks.. Will taking Plan B today put me at risk for blood clots during or after surgery ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to have some dark red blood clots when you are on your period?
- What is wrong when you have blood in your urine?
- Is it bad when you have blood in your stool?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you have a trace of non hemolyzed blood in your urine?
- Is it okay to get a headache when you get a popped blood vessel in your eye?
- What does mean when you have blood in your stool?
- Is it normal to have blood clots when you are ovulating?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free