Doctor insights on:
Is Streptokinase A Clot Buster
Apples vs. oranges: They are both cardiac medicines. They are however used for totally different reasons. Calcium blockers are most commonly used to treat high blood pressure. They may also be used to treat chest pain or to slow the heart. Clot busters are used to dissolve a clot in the arteries that supply blood to the heart itself and therefore to limit the amount of heart damaged by removing the blockage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any drugs out there to break up plaque in coronary arteries rather than all invasive stuff? Clot buster drugs but nothing for plaque?
No.: The various kinds of plaque that build up in the arteries have been building up for years, in some cases even decades. There is no medicine that will undo the remodeling due to years or decades of high blood pressure, smoking, cholesterol, etc. The best strategy is to modify the modifiable risk factors (and hope you have good genes). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dissolves clot: Acute coronary syndromes are generic terms to describe blockage of the arteries feeding the heart caused by rapid formation of a clot in the vessel wall. Usually opened by balloon angioplasty and stent placement if patient sent to suitable facility and team. If not available, streptokinase and other enzymes to dissolve the clot can be tried. Indiscriminate dissolution may result in bleeding. ...Read more
Clot Buster: Tissue plasminogen activator (tpa) is a chemical that triggers rapid breakdown of blood clots. It is used in stroke patients in an attempt to restore bloodflow to the brain before cells die, but the risk of bleeding makes it safe to use only in very specific circumstances. The most common reason for not qualifying for tpa is not getting to the er quickly enough- don't wait! time is brain! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a difference between calcium channel blocker and clot buster?
- Is the feeling of a blood clot in the leg a constant pain?
- What is the difference between a blood clot and a bruise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best kind of exercise after a blood clot in leg?
- Is there a connection between taking vitamin b12 and the risk of blood clots?
- A fibrin clot that is formed over a skin wound is called
- Is bleeding cramps and blood clots normal in a pregnancy?
- Talk to a cardiologist online