Doctor insights on:
Is Strabismus Surgery Painful To Have Done
Mildly: Strabismus surgery involves the alteration of the length of eye muscles so the eyes are in alignment. Mostly done in children under general anesthesia but also can be done in adults frequently under local. The type of anesthesia in all cases takes away any pain. Afterwards the eyes can be a bit sore but pain medication is rarely needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Botox: Yes, to some degree. You should speak with the surgeon, and perhaps request this to be done in an outpatient center, with sedation, if you prefer. ...Read more
Had done strabismus surgery 2 week before white part is red and swollen it looks to be extra mass onit?
One of my eyes turn outwards (extropia). I want to get strabismus surgery done. How effective would it be?
Alignment =surgery: Persistent alignment issues will often require delicate surgery on the muscles that move the eyeball have your eye dr refer you to someone who has completed the training to do thei special eye surgery. They are often affiliated with children's hospitals (more common in childhood) or medical schools. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it normal to have a cyst on my eye after sutures came out from having strabismus surgery? Little painful
Depends: Strabismus surgery is not an exact science. Aligning the eye muscles so that the two eyes are perfectly aligned can be difficult and sometimes impossible. The success of surgery depends on the cause of the strabismus (childhood, trauma, thyroid disease). Sometimes more than one surgery is required. The goal is to have realistic expectations going into surgery. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to still have pain and numbness after herniated disc surgery?
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Is it okay for the skin on my hand to be peeling after having hand surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have swelling in my fingers after carpal tunnel release surgery?
- If i have a cough is it dangerous to have surgery
- What is the most common injuries that lyme disease have ever done to victims?
- Is it safe to have a cough after heart bypass surgery?
- Talk to a pediatrician online