Doctor insights on:
Is Stomach Cancer Linked To Sushi
About 1:120 life tim: The overall incidence of stomach cancer in the United States has declined in the past 75 years. It is estimated that in 2011, 21, 520 americans will be diagnosed with stomach cancer and 10, 340 will die of this disease. Approximately 1 in 114 men and women will be diagnosed with cancer of the stomach during their lifetime; most people diagnosed with stomach cancer are over 65 years of age. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Very low, but......: Just based on age alone, the risk for stomach cancer is very low. However, other factors such as family history, tobacco use (of any type), alcohol use, consumption of spicy foods, and certain environmental/industrial exposures may increase your risk. See your doctor if you are still concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Regardless of the type of cancer, it is critical that every patient that requires surgery have a crystal-clear understanding of their treatment. As a cancer surgeon, i feel that communication is as important as the operation itself (and usually takes longer). If a patient is not comfortable with what they have heard, a second opinion from an independent doctor of the same specialty can be helpful. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A serious disease.: Stomach cancer is an abnormal growth of the lining of the stomach. It can cause pain and bleeding. If caught early, stomach cancer can be treated by surgically removing the cancer, along with some normal stomach. Stomach cancer can grow quite quickly and move to other organs, at which time it is usually incurable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need more info.: The best physician to ask is the physician who performed the endoscopy test (inserted the flexible camera into your stomach). Ct scan is often very inaccurate in locating stomach cancer. Knowing the location is essential in determining what kind (if any) operation the patient might be eligible for. I encourage you to call your gastroenterologist to discuss further. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for 18 year olds to have stomach cancer?
- What does it mean to have endometrial cancer and how is it linked to obesity?
- How to check for a stomach or colon cancer is the only sure way to get endoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to stomach cancer?
- Is it normal to feel your heartbeat in your stomach?
- Is it ok to take ibuprofen if have stomach flu?
- Is it harmful for you to use a laptop resting on your stomach?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free