Doctor insights on:
Is Soy An Estrogen Should I Stay Away From Soy If A Boy
Yes and no: Soy does have some estrogenic compounds. You should not stay away from soy. Estrogen will not turn you into a girl. Lots of foods have small amounts of Estrogens as well as other steroid hormones - red meat for example. This talk among some illiterate people about soy being bad for you (in moderate quantities like any food) especially if you're a male is absolute nonsense. Stopping beef is better! ...Read more
Plant estrogens safe: All soy products as well as other plant products like beans, sprouts & even garlic have plant based Estrogens called phytoestrogens. They are weaker than the ones animals & humans produce. Normal consumption of those products are safe and without consequences. ...Read more
None: There are really no foods that are really rich in estrogens. ...Read more
I've been hearing mixed messages regarding soy and soy products and their effects on estrogen levels...Is soy good or bad for you?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if an electrical burn from a electric shock is serious?
- Why should i have a stress test if my echocardiogram is normal?
- Should i be worried if there is clear fluid leaking from my abdomen but no wound
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i be concerned if i breathe wood smoke from a fire while pregnant
- Should i call the doctor if my baby has a runny nose and is wheezing
- What should i do if my 8 month old swells from a flea bite?
- If my chest feels tight could i use an inhaler from a previous case of pneumonia
- Talk to a pediatrician online