Doctor insights on:
Is Sleep Apnea Linked To Speech Difficulties In Kids
If a child's sleep apnea caused developmental delays, the problem was solved with a t&a, how long would it take for them to catch up?
Hard to say: To the extent that a child is unrested, lack of attention may cause them to fall behind their peer group in many areas of development. Improvement in their sleep quality may allow for catch-up progress over time, but this is hard to predict.If the child had other ongoing issues, or the sleep apnea was bad enough to produce some impairment, a return to normal may be difficult. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 10 year old daughter is overweight and she snores whilesleeping. She is always disturbed while sleeping and alsohas a bed wetting problem. Do children get sleep apnea?
Sleep Apnea: About 10% children that age would snore in their sleep, but only 1-3% of snorers have obstructive sleep apnea. Possible causes are; enlarged tonsil/adenoids, obesity, genetic syndromes such as down's syndrome, family history of sleep apnea. I recommend her pediatrician evaluate to rule out apnea. Wish her well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Fatigue, memory loss, tired eyes (hard to focus), speech, and a dropy eye lid. Are these signs of mild sleep apnea or something else?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is snoring linked to speech difficulties in children?
- Is there a link between gout and sleep apnea?
- Has there been any link found between sleep apnea and seizures
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Difficulty breathing through nose at night the cause of sleep apnea
- Slurred speech difficulty swallowing
- Dyspraxia and apraxia and speech difficulties
- Tmj speech difficulty
- Talk to a pediatrician online