Doctor insights on:
Is Scarlet Fever Highly Contagious Bc My Coworker Has It
Scarlet fever: Scarlet fever is an uncommon sign of a common strep infection. The strep germ typically causes bad sore throat (pharyngitis) with pus and fever and pain, and is easily spread to others in the house. In only about 1% of cases it also causes a pink, rough, sandpapery kind of rash all over the body; if this occurs, they called the illness "scarlet fever." the scarlet fever is not itself contagious. ...Read more
Yes: These patients are considered contagious from at least 24 hrs prior to the onset of the fever/rash and for the first 24 hours after starting treatment. Those who acquire the strep from this case would be expected to also develop the rash unless treated prior to the onset of fever. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Avoidable: With good hand washing and avoiding any oral secretions of the patient this is avoidable.Scarlet fever is just a form of group A strep disease, commonly a throat infection.Once the patient has been on antibiotic treatment for 24 hours, they are no longer considered contagious. ...Read more
Is scarlet fever contagious? Should i be wary of someone who has scarlet fever? Is it contagious?
My 3yr old daughter was diagnosed with scarlet fever. She has now been on her antibiotic (amoxicillin) for 2 days. Is she still contagious?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My child has scarlet fever is she contagious
- Scarlet fever contagious period
- Is scarlet fever contagious in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my scarlet fever without going to a doctor?
- My son has high fever
- My baby has a fever of 103
- My child is vomiting and has a fever
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free