Doctor insights on:
Is Running On A Treadmill Bad For Me If I Tore My Acl A Year Ago
Not necessarily: As long as you have rehabed the musclesof your thighs (quads and hamstrings) running should not be a problem. Elliptical machines and bicycles may feel better though. If choosing to cycle, make sure the seat is adjusted propely - leg should almost fully extend when pedal is down, but the knee should not ever lock. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not unheard, but...: Certainly has risks. If you elect to run w/ a torn acl you need to speak w/ your physician about your strength & getting the right kind of brace to protect the joint. As for the meniscus i would need more info about the type & symptoms of tear to make a recommendation. For the best long term outcomes (w/ high activity level) i suggest surgery, better early than late. More @ drmarkgalland.Com. ...Read more
I want a flat butt and slimmer thighs. Can it be possible only with flat treadmill running? I dont want to do squats and lunges.
My guess is you will: need to do something more than "flat treadmill running" but can probably meet your goals without squats and lunges. Jumping rope or stair climbing would probably be good. Various websites I consulted showed workouts that included other exercises beside squats and lunges (what's wrong with those??). I would consult a recommended personal trainer. Good wishes:) ...Read more
Running`: I usually tell my acl patients to wait 3 months before running. They usually have been on a bike for at least 6-8 weeks by that time. You should ease into it by running a block or two and then walking a block. Most patients can get back to running fairly quickly at that point. Always listen to your knee especially if it swells. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I had cryosurgery on my cervix 4 weeks ago is it safe for me to take a bath
- Is running on a treadmill bad for your knees?
- If i have surgery for my gynecomastia will i be able to run on a treadmill
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is jogging on a treadmill bad for my back?
- I have a pimple on the lip me my vagina is this serious
- My breast still make milk and i stopped breast feeding a year ago is this normal
- I have a stomach ulcer is it safe for me to fly on a transcontinental flight
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free