Doctor insights on:
Is Povidone Iodine And Iodine The Same
Depends on items: Povidone iodine (betadine) is found in several topical preparations (scrub, spray, swabs, pads, etc) as a strong antiseptic, used to prevent bacterial growth. Iodine is a chemical element that the thyroid gland uses to synthesize thyroid hormone. If you mean tincture of iodine, this is a disinfectant also, with 2-7% iodine. Povidone iodine is less toxic to human cells than tincture of iodine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can i use povidone iodine surgical scrub designated " animals only " on my 94 year old grandmother?
NO: go to pharmacy and get adult human betadine the concentration of the animal product might be different ...Read more
Not a good idea...: Betadine is a skin disinfectant used prior to surgery. It is likely too harsh to use everyday and some people even become allergic to it. I would not recommend you use it as a routine facial wash. ...Read more
Is it advisable to use Saline Solution to clean the wound before apply Povidone Iodine or apply Povidone Iodine straight?
I applied Povidone-iodine on pimple away from my anus. No pain and becomes pale around it. Less redness. Slightly itch often. How is it? Is it good?
Hydrogen Peroxide or Saline Solution with Povidone Iodine is better solution for cut, abrasion and wound?
Iodine: In general for minor cuts and abrasions the use of antiseptic therapy solutions is not warrented. These solutions (especially H2O2 peroxide) cause cell death and impair wound healing. IF a wound requires cleaning, iodine (specifically iodosorb) has been shown to reduce bacterial load. Therefore, povidone is a better choice than H2O2 for wound cleansing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between iodine tincture and betadine?
- Is iodine the same as betadine?
- Is potassium iodide the same as iodine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I feel bloated and hungry at the same time is this normal
- What is causing my elbow and knee pain at the same time?
- Is mrsa and cellulitis the same?
- Is ibuprofen and motrin the same thing?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free