Doctor insights on:
Is Polymyalgia Rheumatica Very Contagious
See below: Pmr is an auto immune disease. In auto immune diseases certain types of white blood cells attack your own tissues and cause cell or tissue destruction. Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are two common examples. In these cases the immune system must be modulated, sometimes with powerful medications. ...Read more
Can polymyalgia rheumatica be so bad that one can not get out of bed some days and better as day goes on on is that more myositis?
What exactly is polymyalgia Rheumatica? Cause? Am taking predisone 5mg 1x daily. Any other recommendations? Anything shouldn't/should do?
See details: Too many questions to answer in the space allotted. PMR is probably an autoimmune disease characterized by proximal muscle pain and stiffness. About 10% of cases are also associated with a condition known as giant cell arteritis. Prednisone is the treatment of choice. If you want to discuss in more detail, please request a private conversation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyalgia rheumatica prevention
- What are treatments for polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbs for polymyalgia rheumatica
- Polymyalgia rheumatica prednisone
- Natural remedies for polymyalgia rheumatica
- Pmr polymyalgia rheumatica
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online