Doctor insights on:
Is Pleurisy A Sign Of Something Dangerous
Depends on cause: There are two layers of pleura, one layer surrounds the lung and the other covers the chest wall. There is a thin layer of fluid between the two layers so the lungs glide smoothly against the chest when breathing. Inflammation of those surfaces can cause pain and causes include infection (bacterial/viral), blood clots, post traumatic/surgery but other causes such as cancer are possible. ...Read more
Appendectomy 6 days ago. ER says I have pleurisy now. Just got home. What is treatment? Is it dangerous? Didn't give me any meds. All tests normal
Yes: This applies to irritation of the tissues lining the lungs. There are two layers to this, with a potential space between them. When inflammation of these tissues occurs, knowing the cause is important. It can also result in inflammatory materials accumulating between the parietal and visceral plurae with resultant pleural effusion or empyema. This can be quite severe. ...Read more
Possibly: Pain that severe needs to be worked up by your doctor in person. He/she will listen to you, perform an examination and possibly order some tests to see what's wrong with you. ...Read more
Can pleurisy cause your ribs to be sore? diangosis with pleurisy and my ribs are actually sore to the touch. Part of the pleurisy or something different ?
Pleurisy: This is all very normal. Of course your ribs will feel pained when you are this sick. ...Read more
Can pleurisy be caused by post nasal drip, sleeping wrong or carrying something heavy? I haven't been sick but was diagnosed with pleurisy.
Lining of lung: Pleuritis, or pleurisy, is an inflammation of the lining (parietal and visceral pleura) of the lung. It can result from a viral infection, which is a common cause of pleuritic chest pain in young adults. Other causes include autoimmune diseases, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, and drugs that can cause a lupus-like syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a sign of something if my daughter likes the taste of metal?
- I frequently suffer from constipation is this a sign of something more serious
- Is wheezing a sign of hiv?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is clear stringy discharge a sign of pregnancy?
- Is cramping in the vaginal area a sign of pregnancy?
- Is belly button pain a sign of early pregnancy?
- I got clear jelly like discharge is that a early sign of pregnancy
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free