Doctor insights on:
Is Pinworm Prevalent In Other Countries
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Pinworm: The pinworm migrate in the rectum as they mature, then released their eggs usually at 10 pm in the evening and the eggs or ova are excreted in gthe anus, this caused sevee itching, the child scratch his anus and the ova cling to the finger or finger nail and the child put his fingers in his mouth and swallow those eggs and the cycle repeat itself. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Itching: especially at night, will continue. They can migrate into the vagina and urethra laying eggs there and leading to itching in one or both locations. See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrUlhufWlIA ...Read more
Annoying symptoms: Pinworm infestation causes the annoying symptoms of rectal itching, usually at night, and if not treated, one keeps reinfecting oneself by scratching and ingesting the eggs that were deposited when the worms come out at night to lay eggs. An uncommon complication happens if the worms get stuck in the appendix, leading to acute appendicitis that would need surgery to remove the appendix. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is rabies more prevalent in third world countries?
- Pinworms other nematodes
- Is amoxicillin sold over-the-counter in other countries?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should people buy and use enemas while traveling in other countries
- Will having worms make the belly stick out like the kids in other countries
- How prevalent is hemophilia in the population?
- Talk to a pediatrician online