Doctor insights on:
Is Pilates Better Than Yoga For Treating Back Pain
Yes: Please note however, that not all back trouble is the same and treatments vary so please get checked by an md specialist. Yoga is great for stress relief, posture improvement and flexibility. If it doesnt hurt, go for it but do not push thru pain or numbness whatsoever! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Gentle Stretching: Gentle poses that stretch the psoas and quadratus lumborum musculature can often be helpful in treating/preventing low back pain. Positions such as downward dog, cobra and "warrior 1" can help. However, it is best to use these positions as part of a broader yoga routine. I recommend taking a local yoga class to learn how to safely and gently utilize these forms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Experiment: Yoga is a way to stretch. Keeping your "core" (tummy and back muscles) limber and strong can help reduce back pain. Experiment with the movements and positions. Choose those that work the "core." a little discomfort is okay. If a position is really uncomfortable (during or after), try something different. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
East - West: Integrated medicine. Western medicine is limited in what it has to offer for back pain which come with side effects and the risk of the potential addiction. Complimentary alternative medicine or traditional chinese medicine, including yoga and massage are effective for prevention and treatment for low back pain. Rec.: see a cam or tcm practitioner for more information. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is elavil better than tegretol for low back pain?
- Which is better for weight loss yoga or pilates
- Pilates lower back pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tylenol is better than acetamenophen for pain killer
- Is methadone better than oxycodone for chronic pain relief?
- Is neurontin better than advil for nerve pain?
- Is trileptal better than lyrica and neurontin for face pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free