Doctor insights on:
Is Pilates Better Than Yoga For Treating Back Pain
No consenus: Great question but there is no consistent peer reviewed literature to differentiate the two at this time. Whatever makes you feel better is the best general answer and do not do things that hurt. . Feel better. ...Read more
Gentle Stretching: Gentle poses that stretch the psoas and quadratus lumborum musculature can often be helpful in treating/preventing low back pain. Positions such as downward dog, cobra and "warrior 1" can help. However, it is best to use these positions as part of a broader yoga routine. I recommend taking a local yoga class to learn how to safely and gently utilize these forms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It can do both: If you have back pain, some yoga postions will stretch you beyond your level of comfort. You may have shortened painful muscles as the cause of your back pain. You may need treatment to relax and lengthen your muscles and reduce your pain before yoga can be successfully used to enhance your conditioning. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Please note however, that not all back trouble is the same and treatments vary so please get checked by an md specialist. Yoga is great for stress relief, posture improvement and flexibility. If it doesnt hurt, go for it but do not push thru pain or numbness whatsoever! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is elavil better than tegretol for low back pain?
- Is naproxen better than hydrocodone for some types of pain?
- Is trileptal better than lyrica and neurontin for face pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is methadone better than oxycodone for chronic pain relief?
- Is it better to use heat or cold for my back pain?
- Treadmill vs elliptical which is better for back knee pain
- Tylenol is better than acetamenophen for pain killer
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free