Doctor insights on:
Is Pencil Lead Poisonous
No: The graphite pencil which is also known as the lead pencil. The 'lead' is a misnomer in a sense leading to confusion with lead of lead poisoning. The content of the black writing portion of a lead pencil is a mixture of high-grade charcoal and clay. All the same, consumption of the pencil is not advised. ...Read more
Might try: soaking in warm epsom salts.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not modern ones: Modern pencils do not contain lead as the "lead" of the pencil is actually a mix of finely ground graphite and clay powders. Pencil cores can also be made of charcoal. ...Read more
My dtr pulled a core that was mostly white just over 2 cm long and twice as thick as a pencil lead from my back. There was no pain, no inflamtion,?
Depends: How deep is it. If not deep and sticking out then try to grab it with a tweeter and pull it out. If deep see a podiatrist for removal. ...Read more
No: No, what we call lead in pencils is really graphite, not lead. I still have a piece in my skin from 5th grade and I am in my sixties, it will not harm you. ...Read more
My daughter stabbed herself with a pencil there is a black mark under her skin but no piece of lead, should I be worried?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is pencil shaped stools a sign of colon cancer?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?
- Is it harmful to eat slate pencil during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fluoride deficiency is best known to lead to
- I think eating eggs lead to accne on my face is it true
- What is leukoplakia and cancer does it lead to?
- Lead pencil poisoning
- Is it safe for my child to chew on pencils lead poisoning risk?