Doctor insights on:
Is Pencil Lead Poisonous
No: The graphite pencil which is also known as the lead pencil. The 'lead' is a misnomer in a sense leading to confusion with lead of lead poisoning. The content of the black writing portion of a lead pencil is a mixture of high-grade charcoal and clay. All the same, consumption of the pencil is not advised. ...Read more
Could ingesting small amount of paint thinner be deadly or poisonous? What immediate actions should one take?
Possible ER: Even small amounts of paint thinners (hydrocarbons) can cause significant problems most commonly lung problems. Symptoms of pneumonia can occur 4 to 6 hours after ingestion. It is not recommending to induce vomiting as that increases the risk of lung problems. I do not know what a small quantity truly means. If it was essentially a drop or two you are probably safe. If it was more seek ER advice ...Read more
Swallowing paint: I am curious as to why you asked your question. I would advise that no paint should be swallowed. If you have small children then protecting them from fresh or drying paint is important. If they have been exposed and are not ill you may be lucky. If they are ill and this has occurred please get them to the pediatrician. ...Read more
Stunts development : Lead is toxic to brain cells, and can damage them (eg. Limit the ability of neurons to branch and form connections to other neurons) and even kill brain cells, as well as other cells in the body (eg the cells in bone marrow that produce blood cells). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, work relTed lea: Occupational lead poisoning is the most common cause of lead poisoning in adults .the exposure to leads may come from handling lead batteries , lead based paint . Car radiators etc . Even people who live in very old houses which may still have lead based paint can cause lead poisoningd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: it can.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can air fresheners which are not natural cause cancer sprayed far too much - an intoxicating amount.
Carcinogenicity : Natural products don't necessarily mean they are safe. Half of "natural" pesticides are actually carcinogenic. It depends on what is in the stuff that you spray that makes it carcinogenic, and not whether it is natural or synthetic. Hope that helped. ...Read more
Poison can cause angina? Is it possible that poison, in particular poisonous metals, can cause angina?
Accidentally inhaled baby powder (talc), possibly swallowed the teensiest of bits. Is it dangerous in small amounts? Adult, not child -accident prone!
Talc: An ingestion of miniscule amounts of talc will cause no harm ...Read more
Miniscule: Pouring liquid into a 38% lead glass, and drinking from it over the next several minutes to hours is not going to affect you at all. Exposure risk is increased if you place slightly acidic materials in lead decanters or bottles: acids result in leaching out the lead from the container. Again -- this is a slow process over months -- not days. ...Read more
Black Mold Risks:
Stachybotrys chartarum species of mold is called black mold.
Some people are sensitive to molds.
Symptoms of black mold exposure:
• Chronic coughing and sneezing
• Irritation to the eyes, mucus membranes of the nose and throat
• Chronic fatigue
• Persistent headaches
In particularly severe cases of prolonged exposure, black mold health effects can be more dangerous. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lead pencil poisoning
- Pencil lead in the arm
- Is it safe to eat pencil lead?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will eating slate pencil lead to cancer
- Is it safe for my child to chew on pencils lead poisoning risk?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?
- Pencil tapping
- Is lead poisonous?