Doctor insights on:
Is Pediculosis Contagious
YES!: Vector transmission occurs when lice are spread through inanimate objects. For instance the lice can be on brushes, combs, hats, headphones, scarves, sweaters, coats, bedding, towels, upholstered furniture, carpet, stuffed toys & seats in a variety of areas. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Reproduction: A louse achieves maturity in about 10 days and can begin laying eggs, which in tern hatch & begin the cycle over. They lay their eggs at the hairline, so the distance of the nits or egg casings from the scalp give you an idea how long they have been active. Hair grows about 1/2 inch/mo so a nit an inch from the scalp tells you there has been time for several generations to emerge. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Is upper respiratory infection contagious?
- How long is hand foot and mouth disease contagious?
- Talk to a pediatrician online