Doctor insights on:
Is Oxycodone Any Good For Relieving Pain From Diabetic Neuropathy
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
Not really: Narcotic medicines are curiously unhelpful for the pain of neuropathy. One problem with them is that most have a time length of action. Another problem is that a person builds tolerance to them. There are many non narcotic treatment options. It is rare that providers who treat this would consider narcotics for it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Neuropathy Relief: That's a good question. Do you mean relief from the condition, or relief from the symptoms? It is said that getting the blood sugar back to normal can eventually help the nerves heal. That is a worthy goal, and unfortunately difficult. Comments are appreciated. Symptomatic relief often occurs with medicine, either topical or oral. Gabapentin is a popular option, amitriptyline, etc. ...Read more
Home remedies: Home remedies for the pain of diabetic neuropathy can include soaking in cool water, using topical cold packs, breaking up prolonged sitting with walk breaks, rubbing/massaging feet, and desensitization exercises. Over-the-counter zostrix (capsaicin) cream can also provide pain relief when used regularly (some cannot tolerate the cream). You could consider adding a daily b complex vitamin supplement. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When there is too much sugar floating around in the blood, the nerves get drunk on it and go foggy, mumbling their electrical impulses back to the brain, tingly, and aren't aware of stimulus trying to warn them their is stone in your shoe or that heating pad has been on too long and is burning your skin or you have an infection in your foot when you stubbed your toe, because ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is oxycodone or other narcotics any good for pain from diabetic neuropathy?
- Are there any good remedies for peripheral neuropathy?
- Is a laminectomy or vertebrae fusion or both any good to relieve back pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good step down from oxycodone in terms of pain relief?
- Any good ways to sooth the pain from shingles on the chest
- What is a good way to relieve back pain from a pinched nerve?
- Any good remedies to relieve the torture of a head cold
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free