Doctor insights on:
Is Orencia A Type Of Chemotherapy
No: Orencia, or abatacept, is a medication that blocks t cells, which are part of your immune system. Orencia is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and is given intravenously. It can depress your immune system, but it is not the same as chemotherapy. I would call it an immunomodulatory drug. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The one growing fast: The one most likely be destroyed more/affected by chemo would be the ones that are growing in more rapid fashion- like cancer cells which would be the purpose - and unfortunately some other normal cells like hair cells, mucosal cells- i.e. In intestines, mucous membranes (the lining inside the mouth) . That is why diarrrhea , oral ulcer, hair loss are quite common side efect of certain chemotherapy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cancer cells: Chemotherapy is designed to kill cancer cells, which is does quite well. There is some effect on normal cells(blood cells) yet it is much less than to cancer cells and it is temporary effect on blood cells which recover in 3-4 weeks time.. They are back to normal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: No nuclear medicine can be used to treat/eliminate cancer but it uses a completely different mechanism to fight cancer. Most chemo uses chemicals to interrupt the cell cycle to cause cell death. Nuclear medicine uses beta and now Alpha radiation to eliminate the cancer cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: All but the most localized cases of hodgkin's, osteosarcomas, ewings', and embryonal cell carcinoma of the testis, and all choriocarcinomas and pediatric leukemias, were the kiss of death until chemotherapy. Today we expect cures in the majority of these cases using chemotherapy. This is in contrast to most lung, breast, colon, prostate, stomach, brain where chemo may give time but no cure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is cancer chemotherapy a type of nuclear medicine?
- What is the best type of underwear for a teenage boy to wear?
- What does my weird dream mean is having strange dreams a type of sleep disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of physical therapy is used after a radial ulnar fracture?
- Is there a particular type of rash associated with penicillin allergy?
- Genetic joint problems is there a young adult type of inherited arthritis
- What type of swimsuit is good if you have a big belly thighs?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free