Doctor insights on:
Is Nitroglycerin Spray Ever Used For Anything Other Than Angina Heart Pains
Yes: It's also effective for esophageal spasm which may accompany gastroesophageal reflux disease. In contrast to angina, which often improves with a single dose (0.4 mg), it's not uncommon for esophageal disease to require 2 or 3 doses which must be given at 5 minutes intervals to avoid hypotension (low bp) and syncope (passing out). ...Read more
My heart stopped beating during tilt test for 8 seconds after being sprayed under my tonque with nitroglycerin why ?
Nitrogylcerin: Medication for angina is designed to relax the blood vessels around the heart increase the o2 demanded needed for the heart- however it can lower your bp- if you are healthy- there may be some concerns- esp since you are young- and are doing a tilt test. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My heart stopped beating during tilt test for 8 seconds after being sprayed under my tongue with nitroglycerin. Why ?
Dilates vessels: It dilates blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Burning under the tongue and headache are normal for new users. Esophageal smooth muscle is also affected so relief of pain is not specific for heart disease. Effects occur 2-3 minutes after a sublingual dose and last 20-30 minutes. Gi pain often requires 2 or 3 nitros for full relief. ...Read more
No: No.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is nitroglycerin spray ever used for anything other than angina?
- What is citalopram used for other than depression?
- What are other reasons other than heart attack for increased level of troponin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is patanase nasal spray used for?
- Is there anything i can take other than ritalin to help stay awake and focused?
- Is there any evidence for some people to be more prone to tendonitis than others?
- What is flonase nasal spray used for?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free