Doctor insights on:
Is Nasal Steroid Safe For A Person With Deviated Septum
How to properly use a nasal steroid spray for a swollen nose. And why is my left nose middle septum red well the whole nose is red?
Aim away from septum: Intranasal steroid sprays are the most effective medication treatment for seasonal and year round allergies. The spray tip should be aimed "away" from the nasal septum to help decrease the risk of nose bleeds. The opposite nostril is plugged and when the sprayed, a gentle sniff in. Using a nasal steroid spray will make the nasal membranes appear red. ...Read more
I accidentally sprayed nasal steroid meds on my nasal septum in my left nostril & it was red & swollen what should I do for this or jus leave it alon?
It is ok: Nasal steroids can have the unfortunate side effect of thinning out the mucosal tissue on the septum and increasing risk of nose bleeds. Sounds like you are doing an overall GREAT job of guiding the spray away from the septum where possible. If irritation/bleeding occur, stopping the medication in that nostril for a few days is enough to allow healing to occur; but not necessary for redness only ...Read more
I had a nose fracture (w/ possible deviated septum) & laceration on 3 days ago; taking augmentin. Is it safe to take levitra (usu makes me stuffy?)
Deviated septum causing post nasal drip. Started Flonase and that isn't working. Got an air purifier that isn't working. It's affecting my breathing.
Post nasal drip: A deviated nasal septum most commonly causes nasal obstruction/stuffiness on one side. Post nasal drip can be related to mucus draining from the sinuses into the back of the throat from allergies or sinus infection. Flonase and other nasal steroids take several days to be really effective, but are the most effective treatment for allergies. An ENT or allergist may be able to sort things out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for a person with amblyopia to have lasik surgery?
- Is it safe for a person with kidney disease to take fish oil supplements?
- Is it safe for a person with celiac disease to donate blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a deviated septum and nasal bone fracture?
- Will using a nasal spray steroid improve a deviated septum
- Is it safe to take mineral oil for constipation with a kidney disease?
- Is it safe to take a pm sinus med for helping with sleep while taking a zpack?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free