Doctor insights on:
Is My Newborn At Higher Risk For Staphylococcal Infections
Depends: If you have a normal newborn, i don't consider it more at risk of staph than other kids or adults.If it has a rare immune defect (there are a few) it is possible. In fact most newborns acquire a friendly staph on their skin by the time they are a day old and regular hygenic practices like bathing and monitoring the cord stump seem to avoid any problems.A nasty staph could cause pbm at any age. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Many: Crusting, pain, redness, purulent drainage.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes lots: Staphylococcal infections are very common. Probably just about everyone has had numerous staph. Infections during a life time. Boils and skin pustules are invariable to to staph.. Post operative wound infections most commonly due to staph.. Worst, or most difficult to treat are mrsa, methicillin resistant staph. Aureus. Many of us have dormant staph. On our skin. Hence need for good hand washing. ...Read more
No: There is no ability for your body to form full protection from further staph infections in the future. In fact, your body is covered in staph on an ongoing basis every day (so is everyone else's) and staph is supposed to be there. Its just that sometimes, staph takes over and causes infections. You are still at risk of that happening again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is my boyfriend at risk for catching hpv after oral sex with me if i have it?
- Is my child at risk if i am positive for rubella igg and igm tests are positive?
- My 3 month old snores loudly is he ok more risk for sids
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for my child to chew on pencils lead poisoning risk?
- Does my baby have a higher risk of a birth defect if his father is over 40?
- Is it normal for my newborn to sleep more then 6 hours without eating?
- What are some safety precautions i should take for my newborn baby at home?
- Talk to a pediatrician online