Doctor insights on:
Is My Bra Causing Blocked Ducts
Not well developed: Blocked tear duct is quite common in newborn babies, mostly because the duct is still quite small and well-formed yet. Usually after 6 montns or so as the duct enlarge and mature (more well-formed, it drains better and the blockage is resolved. Often, no treatment is needed. Some persistent cases may need a bit of probing to open it up. Hope this makes sense to you. Good luck. ...Read more
Blocked Saliva Duct: A blocked saliva duct is caused by a mucus plug or a stone. Either occurs slowly, over time, and may lead to sudden blocking or plugging of the saliva duct. This will cause sudden swelling of the salivary gland. The two largest salivary glands are located in front of each ear, the parotid salivary gland. Drink plenty of fluids, massage the affected salivary gland, and suck on sour candy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The duct in my pancreas has closed almost completely off. Why does it cause so much pain if my enzymes are normal?
Blockage: This is usually due to a blockage downstream from the duct like a stone. You should have your blood levels checked and an ultrasound done to rule out stones which can cause other problems in the future. ...Read more
Cyst: Probably lack of complete removal at the first place. ...Read more
No: Not usually. Clogged milk ducts are usually due to anatomic changes in mom's breast, sharper angles or narrowing of a duct, which is why they tend to recur in the same spot. The baby biting will cause sore nipples or cracks, which can make the breast more susceptible to infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
When I was ejaculating I accidentally covered my ejaculatory duct when it was happening which caused a blockage and now pain. Will pain stop? Issues?
Retrograde: by "covering it up", you may have inadvertently caused semen to back up into your urethra causing retrograde ejaculation. Do not worry, this will resolve over the next 48 hours. Drink 8-10 8oz. glasses of water and your urine will clean away and residual. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a lump near my pelvic area what is the cause of this
- Can a ovarian cysts cause pain on my right side when the cysts is on the left?
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is one side of my nose blocked?
- What is causing my knees to radiate heat?
- What is causing my elbow and knee pain at the same time?
- Is my acne caused by bacterial or fungal infection in the pores?
- My ear feels blocked and is causing a sever headach