Doctor insights on:
Is Mustard Good For An Upset Stomach
I was told that a teaspoon of mustard helped with an upset stomach but on here it says otherwise. My question is why doesnt it help? Would tea help?
Upset stomach: If the stomach distress is caused by gas entrapment taking mylanta or drinking hot water or weak tea should help by breaking down the gas bubbles. If acid irritation of the stomach lining is responsible, mylanta,maalox or even a prilosec capsule would help. If nausea is present, flat ginger ale should help. ...Read more
Upset stomach: It's best to avoid solid foods when you have a stomach ache. Instead, you can calm that ache with liquids. Drink as much water as possible, particularly if the stomach ache involves vomiting or diarrhea, as you can quickly become dehydrated. If these symptoms are not present, keep your stomach satiated with clear liquids, such as jell-o, soup broth and apple juice. ...Read more
Clear liquids: This depends in part on what is the cause of the upset stomach. Breads tend to be a little harsh and may increase acidity. You will be safer with clear liquids, juices, jello, ginger ale and some find relief with pudding and ice cream. Most stomach upsets are short term but if you have a consistent problem you should see your GI doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Good drink for upset stomach
- Is tea good for an upset stomach?
- Is gingerale good for an upset stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is suji good for upset stomach?
- Fruits good for stomach upset
- Good things for an upset stomach
- Coffee and an upset stomach
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online