Doctor insights on:
Is Mucinex Safe While Pregnant
Mucinex is the brand name for the generic drug guaifenesin. It is used as an expectorant agent (used to cut the thickness/viscosity of mucus secretions created by the sinuses, pharynx, larynx, trachea and bronchi by actually increasing the amount of respiratory tract fluid). It is a very safe over-the-counter medication with ...Read more
Category C drugs: This falls into category c. This is a pregnancy related scale listing meds form class a-x from very safe to dangerous/damaging. Category c includes meds that have no known negative effect on human fetal development from available studies but those studies are not extensive enough to move it to a safer category. ...Read more
I'm 23w pregnant and have a chest cold. I was told that Mucinex is safe, as well as RobitussinDM, do they interact? .maybe use Muc. in am, Rob. in pm?
OK: Also, hydrate well, steam inhalations may help also ...Read more
No: The collaborative perinatal project reported 197 first-trimester exposures to guaifenesin. Fourteen malformations were reported for a relative risk not significantly different from 1.0. In a review of 229, 101 deliveries to michigan medicaid patients, 141 first-trimester exposures to Guaifenesin and 349 exposures anytime during pregnancy were recorded. A total of 9 birth defects were reported with. ...Read more
Mucinex: Probably, but ask your OB first.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take mucinex while pregnant?
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- Is afrin safe to take while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Is lipton tea safe while pregnant?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online