Doctor insights on:
Is Mucinex Safe While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
No: The collaborative perinatal project reported 197 first-trimester exposures to guaifenesin. Fourteen malformations were reported for a relative risk not significantly different from 1.0. In a review of 229, 101 deliveries to michigan medicaid patients, 141 first-trimester exposures to Guaifenesin and 349 exposures anytime during pregnancy were recorded. A total of 9 birth defects were reported with. ...Read more
Mucinex (guaifenesin): Probably, but ask your OB first.Get a more detailed answer ›
Category C drugs: This falls into category c. This is a pregnancy related scale listing meds form class a-x from very safe to dangerous/damaging. Category c includes meds that have no known negative effect on human fetal development from available studies but those studies are not extensive enough to move it to a safer category. ...Read more
I'm 23w pregnant and have a chest cold. I was told that Mucinex (guaifenesin) is safe, as well as RobitussinDM, do they interact? .maybe use Muc. in am, Rob. in pm?
OK: Also, hydrate well, steam inhalations may help also ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take mucinex while pregnant?
- Taking mucinex while pregnant
- Is it safe to take mucinex when pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you take mucinex d while pregnant?
- Can i take mucinex dm while pregnant?
- Can i take mucinex d while pregnant?
- Is shellac safe while pregnant?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online