Doctor insights on:
Is Mucinex Safe For Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Breastfeeding: It is best to avoid all unnecessary medications while breastfeeding like during pregnancy. Some mefenamic acid does appear in breast milk. Pregnancy category C means either animal studies have shown toxicity or enough studies have not been done to determine safety. Best not to take the medication while breastfeeding. I am glad breastfeeding which is best for the babies health is happening. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
There are some: Cetirizine and Loratadine are 2 considered relatively safe during pregnancy and breast feeding. Thorough studies have not been done in humans (no volunteers!) so they cannot be considered completely safe. Very small amounts get into breast milk and what ever gets absorbed gets metabolized by the infant's liver before circulating. So not much left. There are also prescribed for young children ...Read more
Yes: There would not be a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
COUGH RX: It should be safe since you take only 2 tsp. @ bedtime. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is mucinex dm safe for high blood pressure?
- L tyrosine safe for breastfeeding
- Safe lubricants during breastfeeding
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is maca safe while breastfeeding?
- Is mefenamic acid safe in breastfeeding?
- Cremaffin syrup safe in breastfeeding
- Is femiplan safe while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online