Doctor insights on:
Is Mrsa Spread From One Person To Another
Hi I was told I had mrsa on my skin & have been told to decolonisation for 5 days. The swab was taken 3 weeks ago. Could it if spread by then. And doe?
Not a diagnosis: Swabs from normal people often culture these bacteria. We begin with a diagnosis and then might take a culture to help decide on exact therapy. Do you have an infection on your skin? Where? What matters is the appearance and symptoms, not so much the culture. The culture was done 3 weeks ago? Whatever it was should be healed. ...Read more
No bacteria in blood: Blood itself should not have any bacteria in it unless you have a serious infection. If you touch someone else's blood be sure to wash it off with soap thoroughly. MRSA can be spread by skin to skin contact but that doesn't mean you will develop an infection automatically. ...Read more
Hand washing: The best way to prevent spread of MRSA is good hygiene and frequent hand washing. Antibacterial soaps, alcohol hand washes, disinfecting sprays, etc. All can help eliminate the colony count of MRSA on your body and surfaces around the house. If someone in your house has MRSA exposure or infection, do a good cleaning of the house and always wash your hands well. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Contagiousness of botulism
- Can psoriasis spread from one person to another?
- Can chiggers spread from one person to another?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does stevens johnson syndrome spread from one person to another?
- How does mrsa spread from person to person?
- Can head lice jump from one person to another?
- How can aids be transmitted from one person to another?
- Talk to a dermatologist online