Doctor insights on:
Is Motrin Better Than Advil
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
Depends on patient: Mobic (meloxicam) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent (nsiad). Aleve (naproxen) is also an nsaid. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is not an anti-inflammatory medicine. Mobic lasts longer and in most cases needs to be taken once daily. Patients react differently to nsaids. So the efficacy frequently is patient dependent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
All work.: There is no best medication for superficial phlebitis. Any antiinflammatory that is tolerated by the patient is acceptable. The type ordered is usually determined by the physician's training and experience. I prefer advil, (ibuprofen) Motrin or naproxyn. Wet heat to the area also helps and an evaluation by a vein specialist would also be recommended. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is aleve better than advil?
- Is mobic better than advil?
- Is advil better than tylenol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is aleve better or worse than advil for ankle sprains?
- Advil and motrin together
- Motrin advil difference
- Is advil the same as motrin?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free