Doctor insights on:
Is Meningitis Vaccine Live Virus
Meningitis vaccine : It a dead vaccine.Get a more detailed answer ›
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
I got the meningitis vaccine for college since i live in apt with 3 girls. Will i be safe? I'm paranoid that i will get the disease.
Several available: There are several vaccines to bacterial meningitis available. This includes the hib-hemophillis influenza type b, the pneumococcal vaccine (13 strain) and the Meningococcal vaccine (4 strains). There are strains of bacteria and other germs that cause meningitis for which we have no effective vaccine. This includes various viruses, tb, amoeba, fungi etc. ...Read more
I'm 18 and haven't had a meningitis vaccine in 4 years. Should I get one? Am I at risk at this age?
None.: There are several meningitis vaccines given, mostly to children. They are all safe and necessary vaccines and can prevent unnecessary illness and death. The meningococcal vaccine is mostly given to children at age 10-11 with a booster at 16; pneumococcal and hemophilus influenza B are both given as a series with the regular under 2 year old vaccines. They also may be given to adults at risk. ...Read more
Yes: This can be a very normal reaction to the vaccine. If it last for more than a few days, then follow up with your physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is the mmr vaccine a live virus?
- Hepatitis b vaccine and live viruses
- Is the chickenpox vaccine a live virus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Oral live virus vaccine for diarrhea
- Live meningitis vaccine side effects
- Is the hpv vaccine effective after u have gotten one type of the virus?
- Is there a vaccine for bacterial meningitis?
- Talk to a pediatrician online