Doctor insights on:
Is Lymphangioma A Hereditary Problem
17%, in one study: In a 1999 study of lymphangiomas in 186 children, 17% of patients had a recurrence after macroscopic complete (surgeon removed all tumor that he could see) surgical removal. Complete removal was in 145 children. Recurrence rates were higher (40% recurrence rate) with laser removal or with incomplete surgical removal. See the abstract of the study here: http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/10442614. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not likely: The information i found indicates they tend to not be bothersome but does not indicate they involute and resolve on their own. The definitive treatment at this time seems to be surgical excision. If the lymphngioma is not a medical emergency consider talking with a chinese medicine practioner and see what they have to offer. Ask a surgeon as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on location: Symptoms will depend on the location of the mass and it's size, . The most serious being an enlarging mass in the airway. ...Read more
Generally Not: Lymphangiomas are malformations of lymphatic tissue and manifest differently at different ages and anatomic sites. These may be treated surgically or by injection of sclerosing agents. You should discuss the matter with your doctor as the report needs to be interpreted in light of other clinical factors. ...Read more
Sclerosing agents: Traditionally, surgical removal of lymphangioma has been the first treatment modality to be attempted. This approach has been on occasion, associated with complications and risks. Other than for the 6-10% incidence of cases demonstrating spontaneous regression , steroids have been utilized to cause regression or , OK-432 (picibanil) is more frequently employed as a sclerosant. . ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is addisons disease a genetic hereditary problem?
- Is sleeping with your mouth open a dangerous problem?
- Is it a problem to have a lot of pubic hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it a problem to take clomid and letrozole at the same time?
- How can you tell if you have gastritis is it just a problem of too much acidity?
- Can a woman who is very hairy have problems giving birth?
- Is having an imperforate anus a birth hereditary?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free