Doctor insights on:
Is Lung Cancer Contagious
My father has been diagnosed with prostate/stomach/lung cancer that is widespread. Is this contagious to my young children or type 1 diabetics?
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
It depends.: It depends on the cancer type. In small-cell lung carcinoma, Cisplatin and Etoposide are used. In advanced non-small cell lung carcinoma, two drugs are used, with one is often platinum-based (either Cisplatin or carboplatin). Other commonly used drugs are gemcitabine, Paclitaxel and docetaxel. Vinorelbine and Cisplatin is more effective in aduvant chemo.. Regardless, 5 year survival is <5%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
None: "from 2006-2010, the median age at death for cancer of the lung and bronchus was 72 years of age. Approximately 0.0% died under age 20; 0.1% between 20 and 34; 1.1% between 35 and 44; 7.8% between 45 and 54; 19.6% between 55 and 64; 30.5% between 65 and 74; 30.1% between 75 and 84; and 10.8% 85+ years of age" http://goo.Gl/5mixx. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several causes...: But the most common correlation with lung cancer is smoking. Smoking alone will increase your risk of lung cancer by about 20 times by smoking one pack per day for twenty years. Other sources can be genetic (alpha-1 antitrypsin disorder), related to environmental exposures that are inhaled, or other less common reasons. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is diarrhea and vomiting common in stage 4 lung cancer?
- Is it possible for a 16 year old to get lung cancer?
- Oxygen saturation level is low in a lung cancer patient
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is someone with lung cancer shaking?
- Lung xray shows pleural thickening is that precursor to cancer
- What is likely timeline of stage 4 lung and liver cancer?
- What is the chance of a teenager getting lung cancer?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free