Doctor insights on:
Is Liposarcoma A Disease That Can Spread
I have 6 rubbery, immobile lipomas that feel attached to left upper ab wall. Sizes range from pea to grape. Can it be liposarcomas? DX w gastritis too
Hard to say: There are situations when a pathologist reviews the specimen again and finds higher grade "angrier" looking cells in the specimen - leading to an upgrade. There are also situations when a liposarcoma recurs and the new tumor has "de-differentiated" or evolved into an angrier tumor. This can happen with time with certain aggressive liposarcomas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Common change: most liposarcomas begin as benign lipomas that are small. As the lesion progresses to enlarge the potentail that a malignant transformation has taken place holds true. Once there is a low grade liposarcoma, within the field , mutations continue to appear and represent transformation to high grade phenotypes ...Read more
No: Liposarcoma is a malignant tumor that will progress and eventually metastasize. Depending where it originates different approaches for removal are needed. In the extremity a muscle group dissection is needed for the larger tumor. In the retroperitoneum, rmoval of the kidney may be necesassary. The lesions larger than 10 cm. must have RT to prevent recurrence. ...Read more
Rarer : Most fatty tumors such as lipomas are benign and very common. The liposarcoma is a malignant version and has to be evaluated by an oncologist to determine what your treatment options are. Liposacroms are not nearly as common as basic lipomas. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- A disease that spreads worldwide is known as a n
- Is there a genetic component to this disease that i can pass down to my kids?
- How can i manage a rash that is spreading quickly?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My voice is really ugly is there a way that i can change my voice permanently
- How can we know if it was a baby tooth or an adult tooth that is loose?
- Allergy medicine that i can take with a thyroid disease
- Is there a cough medicine i can buy my 6 year old that actually works?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free