Doctor insights on:
Is Lichen Amyloidosis Contagious
There are several types of amyloid which is an abnormal protein made by the body. When amyloid deposits into normal tissue such as skin, joints, liver, heart, etc, the condition is known as amyloidosis. Symptoms vary depending on what part of the body is effected. Consider going to an academic center to have it diagnosed and treated, because of ...Read more
Itchy papules: ?his is the most common form of primary localised cutaneous amyloidosis. It presents as an intensely itchy rash on the shins, thighs, feet, and forearms. Lesions consist of multiple raised spots (papules) that are scaly and red/brown in color. More common in people of chinese descent and in males 50-60 yrs of age. It may be associated with multiple endocrine disorders. ...Read more
No: It cannot be cured but they are meds that can be extremely effective in controlling the disease. ...Read more
No: Ed only improves the appearance. But it also creats new sacrs. Ed is not the answer. ...Read more
I have been diagnosed with lichen amyloidosis without proper test conducted by a dermatologist at malaysia. Should i get 2nd opinion?
Lichen Amyloidosis: Lichen amyloidosis (la) is a type of primary localized cutaneous amyloidosis clinically characterized by persistent pruritic, hyperkeratotic papules commonly distributed on the shins and histopathologically characterized by amyloid deposits in the papillary dermis. Fractional laser if effective. No sexual side effects have been shown for this condition on the shins. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to get rid of the dark skin caused by lichen amyloidosis?
- Is there a cure for amyloidosis lichen?
- Why is smiling contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Talk to a dermatologist online