Doctor insights on:
Is Lazy Eye Curable Or Incurable
Hello doctor I have amblyopia in left eye i am 17 year old. is it curable. if not any suggestions on how to proceed?
Some hope: Amblyopia is a lack of visual development from one or both eyes. The eye itself may be healthy, but if a clear image from the eye is not received by the brain by age 6-10, it may never see clearly. Usually treatment is by patching the good eye to force the amblyopic eye to work. There are some new developments for older people, but first get an eye exam to evaluate the eye's health and potential. ...Read more
Maybe: Therapy for amblyopia depends greatly on your age. If you are a child less than 7-8 years of age there is good potential for permanent visual improvement. Older than this, therapeutic benefits decline but may still be attained up through the teenage years. Of course, getting the best glasses or contact lenses can help as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Evaluate: A "lazy" is an eye that does not track with the other eye (in or out) due to poorer quality of vision from that eye in infancy and childhood. If there is a sudden worsening (turns in or out more) than the eye (s) need evaluation to see if there is an interior or muscular problem more than the initial event. You need to see your ophthalmologist for this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it too late to fix my wandering eye or lazy eye i am an adult?
- Anhidrosis is curable or not
- Can you get a lazy eye from being too tired or sleepy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do glasses or contacts help with a lazy eye?
- Is there a cure for lazy eye i am 23 is it too late?
- Is mrsa curable or not?
- Can contacts correct strabismus or lazy eye the same way glasses do?
- Talk to a pediatrician online