Doctor insights on:
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe
Hair removal is either temporary, like tweezing, waxing or shaving, or permanent, in which the follicles are destroyed by electrolysis or a laser/light system. Very popular these days to reduce the density of hair in an area by laser hair removal. It needs to be repeated in a series to affect as many follicles as ...Read more
Yes by experienced : Laser hair removal is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed and therefore you may have heard of some complications such as burns. However, the risks are comparatively low when your procedure is performed by an experienced individual who is familiar with the proper settings. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is laser hair removal safe? If got it in private area would it cause any harm to reproductive system?(because of laser). Can it cause skin discolor__
Yes: yes safe but if overdone can cause lightening of skin in area . it is external so not touching reproductive organs ...Read more
Is laser hair removal safe? Does it cause cancer or skin pigmentation? I have excessive hair growth and really want to get rid of it.
Safe laser hair tx: As with all treatments, laser hair removal is not without risk. The person performing the procedure needs to take precautions and protect his/her patient before, during and after each treatment. The patient needs to adhere to pre-treatment instructions such as not tanning or waxing before and between treatments. Procedure is not performed if you are pregnant, primarily for theoretical risks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Laser hair removal is technique for reducing the thickness and number of hairs on the skin, by heating the hair follicles with a laser. The greater the color contrast between the hair and the skin, the more effect the treatments. A series of treatments is usually necessary to ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Laser hair removal is it safe on beauty marks
- Is veet spray on hair removal safe to use on my pubic area?
- Is it safe to use hair removal cream?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is taking folic acid and biotin together safe for promoting hair growth?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Can i get cosmetic laser hair removal if i have vitiligo?
- Can laser hair removal cause skin cancer?
- Talk to a dermatologist online