Doctor insights on:
Is Klebsiella Pneumoniae Contagious
Is klebsiella pneumoniae (found in urine culture) contagious? Is it possible to keep him at home and do the treatment?
UTI?: Is this a urine culture? As "pneumoniae" sugguests, this species of Klebsiella can cause pneumonia, but it mostly causes urinary tract infection (UTI). Whether or not you need treatment depends on symptoms (painful urination, frequency, urgency, etc) and urinalysis (increased white blood cells?). At your age (76) some asymptomatic UTIs don't need treatment. Follow your doctor's advice about it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Semiquantification: Moderate growth, or scant growth or heavy growth, of an organism is a way of quantifying the amount of organisms in a culture. This does not mean that the organism is necessarily relevant as cultures from some sites can reflect colonization. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Culture: The ideal test for identifying any specific organism is by a culture. Klebsiella is not generally considered a STI, but irritation of the urethra or particular types of sexual activity can create the conditions that favor an infection of the urinary tract. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Klebsiella pneumoni: Is your daughter immuno deficient? One possible way could be through a urinary tract infection brought on by fecal contamination. The urinary tract infection could have progressed to sepsis, a blood infection, which then seeded the lung good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is streptococcus pneumoniae contagious?
- Is chlamydia pneumoniae contagious?
- What is klebsiella pneumoniae in urine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is mycoplasma pneumoniae contagious?
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online