Doctor insights on:
Is Klebsiella Contagious
Is klebsiella pneumoniae (found in urine culture) contagious? Is it possible to keep him at home and do the treatment?
Bacteria...: Klebsiella pneumoniae is a specific bacteria that can cause bronchitis and pneumonia. It is cultured from the sputum and the lab also reports what antibiotics the organism is sensitive to (ie what antibiotic will kill the organism!). Whether you have bronchitis or pneumonia is determined by your doctor based on clinical signs and symptoms. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
UTI?: Is this a urine culture? As "pneumoniae" sugguests, this species of Klebsiella can cause pneumonia, but it mostly causes urinary tract infection (UTI). Whether or not you need treatment depends on symptoms (painful urination, frequency, urgency, etc) and urinalysis (increased white blood cells?). At your age (76) some asymptomatic UTIs don't need treatment. Follow your doctor's advice about it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: Sometimes after an infection the body may begin to make antibodies ( proteins ordinarily aimed at foreign invaders like germs) against the red blood cells. This can result in hemolysis. It is more common in other kinds of infections but can be seen after klebsiella. Ordinarily it will gradually get better, but may require treatment like anti-inflammatory medicines for example steroids. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Is upper respiratory infection contagious?
- How long is hand foot and mouth disease contagious?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online for free