Doctor insights on:
Is It Worth A Trip To The Doctor For Rectal Pain
Rectal pain: Rectal pain is a common problem. Causes of rectal pain include: hemorrhoids, anal fissure, proctalgia fugax, levator ani syndrome, and less common causes include: cancer, infection, inflammatory bowel disease and rectal prolapse. See your doctor for help with a diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Hello doctor, I am experiencing rectal pain sometimes. After passing stools it becomes little bit better. Difficulty in sitting.?
You may need fiber!: Rectal pain is often due to hemorrhoids or fissures. Sharp stabbing pain is ususally do to a fissure and this pain is classically worse after the bowel movement. Hemorrhoidal pain is usually burning in nature. Fiber will help! it is very important to see your doctor because even though most pain is due to the above diagnoses, sometimes rectal or anal cancer will cause the same symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Would a doctor do a colonoscopy or something like that on a 16 year old girl with consistant rectal pain and bleeding?
Unlikely: Most bleeding in a 16 yr old with rectal pain would be due to a fissure, a simple office exam would make this diagnosis, if not the next step would be a flexible sigmoidoscopy. More worrisome conditions such as ulcerative colites or inheretic form of colon cancer (fap), would be diagnosed on flexible sigmoidoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I took misoprostol (already used a rectal pain killer prescribed by my doctor), can i use advil for the pain later? or would it interact?
Major rectal pain every bowel.doc says no hemmohroids. Blood in stool.waiting 4 weeks for colonoscopy. Severe pain and itching all day long ?
You may have: a bothersome entity called "Fissure in an" which is a cracklike defect in you anal wall. This is VERY PAINFUL and can often not be diagnosed with simple RECTAL exam..Protoscopic exam is needed! In the meantime try hot SITZ baths!! Hope this helps and Good Luck! Dr Z ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for blurry vision and eye pain?
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for testicle pain?
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for black stools?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for palpitations?
- Sciatica pain in the thighs
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free