Doctor insights on:
Is It Worth A Trip To The Doctor For Black Stools
Melena is also known as Black stool. Melina is blood in the stool that is black, tarry, sticky, and smelly. The blood in melena comes from high up in the gastrointestinal tract, and gets partially digested which is why it changes to melena. Bright red blood comes from lower ...Read more
GI Bleeding?: Black stools can be caused by harmless things such as certain foods (e.g., blueberries, black licorice) or meds such as bismuth (pepto-bismol) or iron supplements. But it may be a sign of bleeding somewhere in your digestive tract, which can be serious (and doesn't always cause pain). If you haven't eaten these foods/meds & you're having black stools, or if you have vomiting or pain, see your dr. ...Read more
Black stool for two days, regular consistency.Ate a lot of oreos two days ago - is that the cause? Should i see a doctor? Otherwise, slight bloating.
Black stool: Your stools being in black in color are not caused by your eating oreos. You should see your physician or go to the er to have your stool checked for blood and have a CBC done to check your hemoglobin level. If the tests are normal, at least you know you do not have a problem. If they are positive you can get a diagnosis and a treatment plan. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for rectal pain?
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for blurry vision and eye pain?
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for testicle pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it worth a trip to the doctor for palpitations?
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Is it normal for a skin tone to get lighter in winter even if in the sun?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online