Doctor insights on:
Is It Worse To Take Antibiotics While Pregnant Or To Have A Bacterial Infection
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Several days: Several days depending on the length and severitiy of the infection. ...Read more
I am on antibiotic Doxcycycline Hyclate 100 mg 2 times/day for 7 days to treat skin bacterial infection.Is it safe to take the flu vaccine while on it?
I am 32 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed metronidazole 500mg for my bacterial infection. Is this safe to take with my prenatal vitamins as well?
Could amoxicillin antibiotic help with white mucus in stool. It's an excessive amount and I fear I might have a bacterial infection. ?
Depends: certain antibiotics can be good for one bug but not another. cultures and sensitivity testing needs to be done . ...Read more
Yes: Bacterial infections usually require antibiotic treatment with a drug to which the bacteria is susceptible. Some antibiotics will work for some bacteria but not others. Most bacteria are sensitive to a number of different antibiotics. Microbiology labs do sensitivity testing to inform the doctor as to which antibiotics will be effective. ...Read more
Peculiar diagnosis: Hmmm.... I don't mean to sound undiplomatic, but a "bacterial infection all over the body", not helped by antibiotics, sounds screwy. If self diagnosed, see a doctor for professional evaluation. If it has been medically diagnosed, discuss further with the doctor, and perhaps ask for referral to an infectious diseases specialist, or dermatologist if it involves primarily the skin. Good luck! ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take vitamin a while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to have or get a tattoo while pregnant?
- Is it normal to have a yeast infection while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take a dha supplement and prenatal vitamin together while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take resveratrol while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take nitrofurantoin while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online